Tag Archives: mossleigh

Trego School No. 4050-site 2

The second school to have this name was located in the town of Mossleigh. SW quarter of 30-20-24-W4. Directions in Mossleigh (along Highway 24) – From Highway 24, turn north on Range Road 250 for ¼ mile, turn southwest onto Centre Street for about 1 block (just past baseball diamond). Latitude 50.72137, Longitude -113.32697. (More […]

Trego School No. 4050-site 1

Trego School District No. 4050, established on August 2, 192. The school was located on the SE quarter of 5-21-24-W4. Directions from Arrowwood – South on Highway 24 for 1½ miles, follow curve and head West 6 miles on Highway 547, turn North on Range Road 244 (Western Feedlot Rd) for 2 miles. Latitude 50.7472, […]

Sunset Valley School No. 3236

Marion (Beacome) Winters wrote in “Wheat Country – a history of Vulcan and District”: Times being more prosperous in 1915 than in earlier years, the board of trustees, consisting of A. H. Tharle, A. D. Mitchell, H. W. Ernst and S. Washburn as secretary-treasurer contracted the construction of the school for approximately $1500 on the […]

Plain Valley School No. 2433

Plain Valley School was located SE 25-21-25-W4. At the time of opening, the land was owned by Mr. Frank Thurber, grandfather of Jack and Frank Thurber. Plans for the school were made on March 15, 1911. The school district was established on May 10, 1911. The first trustees were Walter Baker, F. E. Rhoades and […]

Mossleigh School No. 4050

The school in the town of Mossleigh was originally named Trego II. The land location was SW 30-20-24-W4. Directions in Mossleigh (along Highway 24) – From Highway 24, turn north on Range Road 250 for ¼ mile, turn southwest onto Centre Street for about 1 block (just past baseball diamond). Latitude 50.72137, Longitude -113.32697. Trego […]

Mossleigh School No. 1423

The school sat on the brow of the hill west of the town of Mossleigh on the south side of the Old Blackfoot Trail, now Highway 24 (NE 22-20-25-W4). Latitude 50.71768, Longitude -113.37517. People said it could be seen for miles as it was white with a red roof. The large school yard was enclosed […]

LaSalle School No. 4362

One of the later school districts to be organized, LaSalle School District No. 4362 was established on September 15, 1928. It was located on the SE quarter of 29-21-24-W4. Directions from Arrowwood – South 1 1/2 miles on Highway 547, follow curve and head west 6 miles on Highway 547, turn north on Range Road […]

Herronton School No. 4855

Herronton School was established on June 23, 1939.  It was located on the NE quarter of 20-19-25-W4 in the hamlet of Herronton, which was the name given to the Post Office in 1910 situated in the residence of O. F. Malmberg. This was named after John Herron, pioneer oil man and former M.L.A. Directions from […]

Elmdale School No. 1759

The history of the Elmdale School goes back to the year 1908, when after a series of meetings the board was notified by the Deputy Minister of Education that the Elmdale School District had been established on January 25, 1908. It was located on the SE quarter of 3-20-25-W4. Directions are: From Mossleigh – West […]

Blind Creek School No. 1881

Blind Creek School was established on September 10, 1908. It was located on the SW quarter of 14-21-25-W4. Directions today are: From Mossleigh – West on Hwy 24 for 3 1/2 miles, follow curve North for 3 1/2 miles, turn East on Twp Rd 212 for 2 miles, turn North on Rge Rd 252 for […]